At WPC Canada, we believe in building relationships. These relationships are built on trust and respect and we believe that is the way an organization should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- Our information handling practices;
- The reasons for these practices;
- Security steps in place to protect your information; and
- Your role in controlling your own personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
At WPC Canada, we collect personal information to better serve your needs, primarily related to hosting the 24th World Petroleum Congress.
In order to meet this objective, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- Contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses;
- Employment information, such as job title and organization;
- Any other relevant information which is delivering a successful Congress for our many delegates, speakers, sponsors, exhibitors and visitors.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at WPC Canada value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- Having our employees and contractors sign a confidentiality agreement;
- Having up to date computer security such as passwords, encryption and firewalls;
Updating Your Personal Information
WPC Canada will do its best to ensure that your personal information is correct and kept current.
We will keep your information as long as is necessary to continue to meet your needs and any legal requirements we may have. However, once your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary. Also, if your personal information is incorrect, then please notify us of the correct information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to control your own personal information.
As such, we will collect information about you on a voluntary basis. However, in some circumstances before we collect personal information from you, we will have you complete a consent form which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about the handling of your personal information or wish to withdraw your consent, please contact, WPC Canada Administrator, at 403 218 2000. Our representatives would be happy to assist you.
Accessing Your Personal Information
WPC Canada Administrator provides you with the opportunity to access your personal information that we hold.